We all have had a moment where we have pushed our hair too far. For me it was when I bleached my hair too much and was left with a yellow mess which had the consistency of cotton wool on my head. This was before I opened The Hair Secret and I was using your standard products that coated the hair and did nothing else.
Fast forward 12 years and now I have the knowledge and the products to make sure this never happens again and I want to share it with you.
Power Build by Organic Colour Systems is a fantastic range that helps rebuild the hair. The hero product for me though is the Revamp treatment which has been proven to repair the outside of the hair shaft by 32% and inside by 26%, it is also made with organic quinoa which has amazing properties such as strengthening the hair.
The whole range including the shampoo and conditioner is surprisingly gluten free as well as SLS free, cruelty free, paraben free and is made with organic ingredients such as hydrogenized wheat protein. This makes it a fantastic product for any one with fine or fragile hair, damaged or coloured hair.
As with any of the Organic Colour System care range they always advise you to get a wet stretch test done from your stylist. This analyses your hair condition and tells them what it is lacking in. You can then purchase the right product for you.
These are my top tips when using these products
- Foam up the revamp- Once you have shampooed your hair with the power build shampoo, towel dry the hair. In a cup spray a small amount of the revamp into it, using a sponge create the foam inside the cup and then apply it to your hair using the sponge. This is a great way to get the most out of this product. Leave on for 15min with NO heat.
- For an added bonus if you have the Power Build Cream treatment once you have applied the Revamp, apply the cream over the top and wrap your hair up to keep it warm. Leave for 15min.
- Run a bath and let the steam of the bath heat up your treatment, this will open up the cuticles and will allow the treatment to penetrate.
- Wrap up your hair in cling film- I know it sounds crazy but it works. If you don’t want to use the bath method you can keep the heat in by wrapping cling film around your hair and leave for 15min.
- Try to do your treatments twice a week. You need to build up the protein in your hair. Its just like if you need to take medication you build it up.
- Use only a small amount – It is a concentrated product so a little goes a long way (I would say a 20 pence piece size) If you use too much you could make your hair greasy and limp.
- Leave the conditioner on for 5 minutes, this gives it time to close your cuticles and seal the good stuff in.
- Rinse it properly – Don’t leave product in, it can irritate your scalp and leave the hair dull and limp if your not careful.
Enjoy pampering yourself and let us know how you get on with Revamp and Power Build. These can be purchased in the salon and soon on our Online shop.